Required Research: Breeding Permit
The Department of Protected Inhabited Planets is especially excited about colonies breeding their colonists! This ensures that the species on Xiunus will continue to grow and flourish, even as the planet becomes more and more occupied by colonies. They note that all known species have differences in litter sizes and breeding capabilities, so they recommend to be careful in your breeding habits, as an overeager breeder may introduce negative traits into the breeding pool.
- THE POSTER:
- The person posting the Prompt must have ownership of the female's breeding slot.
- The poster's colony must have the Breeding Permit research unlocked.
- Any applied research must belong to the poster.
- Colonists cannot breed if they:
- are infertile
- have health at 50% or below
- are currently frozen in an invasion
- are under level one
- have run out of breeding slots
- have no adult reference
- are hospitalized
- are in the cooldown period (one week for males, two weeks for females)
- Colonists cannot breed if they:
- Inbreeding and linebreeding are allowed but can result in mutations or deceased whelps
- Courting images are optional but grant the chance for an extra whelp.
Potential Hazards + Litter Counts
Dams with less than 75% HP may have decreased litter sizes or weaker whelps.
Dams with less than 50% HP will have empty litters and may be injured.
Dams with constitution of 5 or under may bear dead or defective whelps.
If a whelp is born with a constitution of 3 or under, it will not survive.
If a breeding includes inbreeding, it increases the chances of mutations.
It also increases the chances of dead whelps or birth defects.
LITTER COUNT STATISTICS
ZERO to THREE whelps- Standard tsabhua range.
ZERO to FOUR whelps - Added Courting.
ONE to THREE whelps - Standard range with at least one Level Two+.
ONE to FIVE whelps - One Level Two+ AND courting.
TWO to FOUR whelps - Both parents are Level Two+.
TWO to FIVE whelps - Both parents are Level Two+ AND courting.
Courting Images (Optional)
75% of body shown & Coloured
At least three background elements
Courting is an optional addition you can include in a breeding in order to encourage the parents to have an additional whelp. Here is an example. It must be fullbody and have colouring and some sort of background. Including a courting image also encourages the dam to be more calm, reducing the chance of litter-loss. When submitting a Breeding prompt, this should be the "url."
Note that the courting image should be posted as a response to this prompt and only redeemed when breeding colonists! If the courting image has been posted beforehand as a claim, the URL for the breeding submission should be the link to the courting image's claim, not the original image.
- Ensure all prerequisites (see above) are met.
- The dam and sire are at least level one.
- The dam and sire are both healthy and have available breeding slots.
- The dam and sire have approved adult references.
- The breeding slots are appropriately assigned (permissions given if it's not an in-house breeding.)
- The owner of the dam's slot must submit to the breeding prompt.
- The litter will be rolled as a comment on the approved prompt.
- The dam or sire must submit a litter image in order to convert the litter into actual genos.
- One the litter image is submitted and approved, the whelps will be made into genos.
- In order to begin leveling, the geno must have a geno design update submitted and approved.
Remember: the party submitting this prompt must have ownership of the dam's slot.
Attached Colonists: Dam and Sire
If the colonist belongs to you, add "-1 Slot" to the rewards for that colonist.
If the colonist doesn't belong to you, do not touch the rewards for it and instead link to the breeding permission paeg for the colonist itself -- not your colony -- and state which slot you are using.
Items must be included as add-ons to the breeding submission.
Research must be stated clearly in the comment.
Note that any research or items that are applied must belong to the posting party.