Required Research: Breeding Permit
The Department of Protected Inhabited Planets is especially excited about colonies breeding their colonists! This ensures that the species on Xiunus will continue to grow and flourish, even as the planet becomes more and more occupied by colonies. They note that all known species have differences in litter sizes and breeding capabilities, so they recommend to be careful in your breeding habits, as an overeager breeder may introduce negative traits into the breeding pool.
- THE POSTER:
- The person posting the Prompt must have ownership of the female's breeding slot.
- The poster's colony must have the Breeding Permit research unlocked.
- Any applied research must belong to the poster.
- Colonists cannot breed if they:
- are infertile
- have health at 50% or below
- are currently frozen in an invasion
- are under level one
- have run out of breeding slots
- have no adult reference
- are hospitalized
- are in the cooldown period (one week for males, two weeks for females)
- Colonists cannot breed if they:
- Inbreeding and linebreeding are allowed but can result in mutations or deceased whelps
- Stat Loss occurs when some stats of parents don't get passed on to the offspring. Leveling up causes stat loss percentage to lower, meaning offspring will inherit more stats from their parents.
- Breedings between Level Ones have a stat loss of about 25%.
- Breedings with at least one Level Two have a stat loss of about 20%.
- Courting images are optional but grant the chance for an extra whelp.
Potential Hazards + Litter Counts
Dams with less than 75% HP may have decreased litter sizes or weaker whelps.
Dams with less than 50% HP will have empty litters and may be injured.
Dams with constitution of 5 or under may bear dead or defective whelps.
If a whelp is born with a constitution of 3 or under, it will not survive.
If a breeding includes inbreeding, it increases the chances of mutations.
It also increases the chances of dead whelps or birth defects.
LITTER COUNT STATISTICS
ZERO to THREE whelps- Standard tsabhua range.
ZERO to FOUR whelps - Added Courting.
ONE to THREE whelps - Standard range with at least one Level Two+.
ONE to FIVE whelps - One Level Two+ AND courting.
TWO to FOUR whelps - Both parents are Level Two+.
TWO to FIVE whelps - Both parents are Level Two+ AND courting.
Courting Images (Optional)
75% of body shown & Coloured
At least TWO background elements
Courting is an optional addition you can include in a breeding in order to encourage the parents to have an additional whelp. Here is an example. It must show enough of the colonists' bodies and have colouring and some sort of background. Including a courting image also encourages the dam to be more calm, reducing the chance of litter-loss.
Note that the courting image should be posted as a response to the courting prompt to gain XP and RP for it - including the courting image or gallery post in the breeding will not grant XP or RP for the art or literature!
- Ensure all prerequisites (see above) are met.
- The dam and sire are at least level one.
- The dam and sire are both healthy and have available breeding slots.
- The dam and sire have approved adult references.
- The breeding slots are appropriately assigned (permissions given to the posting party if it's not an in-house breeding.)
- If the dam doesn't belong to the posting party, a Nurse must be selected from the posting party's female colonists*.
- With the "Baby Formula" Research, you may select any adult colonists from the posting party's colonists.
- The owner of the dam's slot must submit a New Breeding.
- If a courting image is included, the breeding will be sent to the admins to be approved.
- If there is no courting image, the litter will be rolled immediately.
- For splits, at least one whelp must be assigned to each split partner - so long as there are enough rolled whelps to go to everyone involved.
- You may then select for each whelp whether they will be Weaned, Abandoned, or Culled.
Weaned: To wean a whelp, you must select and upload an image for it and select any applicable research. Once approved by admins, they will immediately be created into a full Colonist for you to begin playing.
Abandoned: Abandoned whelps are sent to the Immigration account as genos and you will automatically be granted the applicable number of Immigration Vouchers. If you wish to abandon a whelp but include a design for the extra Voucher, you may Wean it and donate it the same way as you would donate any other colonist to the Immigration Center. If this is the case, we ask that you use the Immigration Center background.
Culled: Culled whelps are deceased by choice. There is currently no way to undo this.