Meander

30 Posts

07/16/2021 Edited 07/31/2021
OOC Explanation: I have too many colonists. I joined Xiunus back when I was still in 'hoard all the things' arpg mode, and since then I've found I do best with a small number of heavily developed characters. I'm going to start clean, but that leaves the mystery of what happened to NMRO...
The Incident
The Northern Mireh Research Outpost, along with it's head scientist, Dr. Harriet Greer, was one of the first DPIP colonies to be founded on Xiunus. Built into the side of a northern mountain, NMRO was a thriving colony, with many offworld employees and xunari residents. But then... something happened. Contact with the colony was lost. At first, DPIP officials thought nothing of it, but then reports started coming in of NMRO xunari turning up at other colonies, refusing to say anything about their old home or what happened there. An team sent to investigate reported massive damage to the outer structure of the base, and no sign of any workers, before they also lost contact. DPIP labeled the area a hazard zone, and all travel to the location of former colony NMRO is forbidden.
Refugee Status
Bold, Lilac, Lark, Stoat, and Dusk made their way to Worldly Ontology Revival Base for Intelligent Entities (WORMBIE) in L'hatzif. Bandit and Sage fled through the desert to Gaeron Pass. Also in Issiq, Geshem, Freckle, Cobalt, and Wheeler found shelter at Peltier Platform. Plume, Umbra, Milo, and Skirmish journeyed to distant Tsidal. Cacao and Shemesh joined Ash in nearby Wayward Station. Kerah fled to Nimloth, Ne'tra to Snip's Pinnacle Point, Dusty to Clockwork, Mocha to Antella, and Dawny found her way to Sheepcloud Shelter. Lore So, the NMRO refugees refuse to speak about their pasts. But as they settle in to their new colonies, some of them start to open up, and share things with their new friends. For this, hmu in the discord! I'll reveal snippets of what happened to the old colony. (either as rp'ing the refugee for that interaction, or dm'ing you the info to portray yourself) If enough is learned about the incident, who knows, maybe DPIP will authorise another investigation...
Tsidal

16 Posts

07/16/2021
I’d love to enter for this cutie
Tsidal

16 Posts

07/16/2021
I’d like to enter for this cutie!
Tsidal

16 Posts

07/16/2021
I’d love to enter for Freckle
Tsidal

16 Posts

07/16/2021
I’d like to enter please!
Tsidal

16 Posts

07/16/2021
I’d love to enter!
Tsidal

16 Posts

07/16/2021
Testing this method of replying as I now see something messed up :3 I’d like to enter for Milo please!
Tsidal

16 Posts

07/16/2021
I’d like to enter for Shemesh!
Immigration

1 Posts

07/16/2021 Edited 07/16/2021
Apologies for the awkwardness of flat forum replies lol
this was Uri my bad
Meander

30 Posts

07/16/2021
no worries <3
Wayward Station

7 Posts

07/16/2021
I helped draw up this gal's mutation, and I'd love to add her to my colony if I win!
Wayward Station

7 Posts

07/16/2021
Irish Spotting is my favorite bele gene! I'd love to enter, please!
Wayward Station

7 Posts

07/16/2021
Shemesh is adorable, I'd love to enter for him!
SheepCloud

3 Posts

07/16/2021
This accidentally became a literary piece, I hope that counts!

____

Like most NMRO colonists, Dawny lost contact with the DPIP— and the world— for a long time before they were sighted again.

The sighting was at the outskirts of a fortunately friendly, new colony: SheepCloud Shelter.

Dawny didn't intend on being sighted, no, but their wounds had been poorly taken care of, and their focus was worsening. After so long in the wild, they needed help; it was evident, but Dawny refused. They knew getting into contact with civilization meant putting themself— and others— in danger again.

They thought of this as the world faded into a gentle darkness.

They came back to their senses on a comfortable parch of... flowers? A kind, soft voice spoke a few seconds after their eyes focused better. "It's alright, you're in a safe shelter. Take your time to rest, you were badly wounded."

Dawny looked up to find a pale, almost ghostlike Tsabhua with a gentle smile. They tried declining the help, but moving hurt more than ever, and their body begged to accept, so Dawny didn't say anything, and decided to rest.

The following days were filled with Ghost— the Tsabhua that found them— and Flare— Ghost's partner and second in command— taking the best care of Dawny, and giving them the peace they had been craving for so long.

One day, Dawny would be healthy enough to tell them about the horrors in NMRO.

One day, they'd be able to warn them, to apologize for dragging them into it. But Dawny saw in their eyes every time they entered their room to say good morning, or bring them food, that neither of their new friends would turn their backs on them.

Dawny knew they had found home, and the rest could wait.
Xione

18 Posts

07/16/2021
Add me to the raffle for this one >_>
SheepCloud

3 Posts

07/17/2021
I'd love to enter, please!